Cannabis Extraction Methods
Cooking with cannabis can be tricky. If you’re not familiar with how to make potent cannabutter or how to make canna oil, then you’ve come to the right spot. A non-professional making sugar cookies, without the benefit of chocolate, can taste like someone dumped a cup of bong water right into the cookie dough. That can be a recipe for disaster. Thankfully, as more and more states legalize cannabis, you can get better quality products that both taste good and give you the effect you desire.There are two main ways to add cannabis to cooking:
At The Spot 420, we have a wide-selection of marijuana edibles for sale and encourage you to view our full catalog of delicious edibles in Colorado.
How to Make Potent Cannabutter
- You will need 2 cups of oil and an ounce of weed (flowers, bud, and trim are all acceptable).
- Activating the THC using this cannabis extraction method involves a baking method. So, basically, you bake it. Lay it out on a cookie sheet and cook it for 40 minutes at 240 degrees. Flip it over and rotate the cookie sheet to ensure that all the plant heats evenly.
- If it is dry and crumbly, it’s ready to go!
- Fill a pot with about a quart of water and get it boiling.
- When it is boiling, add the butter. A good rule of thumb is to use 1 ounce of marijuana to 4 sticks of butter. Want less of a high? Throw in another stick. Just do your best to be sure, because one ounce of marijuana is not something you want to waste!
- You can go ahead and put the marijuana in now, but do not let it touch the bottom. (Can you imagine burnt weed butter? It’s not certain that you could get past that taste for a high). Make sure it is floating about 2 inches from the bottom all the time.
- Turn the temperature down. You want to let it simmer, just simmer, for several hours.
- Get out a big piece of cheesecloth and a bowl or other container. If the mixture is creamy, you are ready. Pour the butter into your container through a cheesecloth. You may even want to squeeze the cheesecloth into the container, too.
- Leave the whole thing in the refrigerator for an hour or so. Just like the fat on gravy rises to the surface, your butter will separate from the water.
- Use a knife or spoon to unstick the butter from water and voilà! You are good to go. Now you know exactly how to make potent cannabutter.
How to Make Canna Oil
Next let’s show you how to make canna oil using using canola, olive, or coconut oil. Your choice depends on how you intend to use the oil. If you are baking a sweet treat, coconut oil will work great. If you are looking for a savory snack, look to olive oil. If you plan to have a mix of savory and sweet products, however, and you only want to make one kind of oil, canola is your best bet.
In essence, you follow the same directions as when preparing cannabutter. Instead of four sticks of butter, however, use two cups of oil. When you put your mixture in the refrigerator, note that it may need longer than cannabutter. Some people find the oil harder to break apart than with cannabutter. If you find it tricky, use a spoon to separate the oil from the water.
Things to Make with Cannabutter
Now that you know how to make potent cannabutter and how to make canna oil, what treats will you prepare? There are many things to make with cannabutter. Cannabutter is also one of the best gifts for cooks. Professionals and amateurs alike use cannabutter and canna oil to make all kinds of meals and tasty snacks. The Spot 420’s selection of marijuana edibles for sale is a great place to look for inspiration.
There are two main ways to add cannabis to cooking:
Fantastic Cannabutter Ideas
Cannabutter is especially versatile. You can use it without even turning on the oven. Put it on potatoes, corn, muffins, and toast. Try it on pancakes or waffles. Wake and Bake, anyone?
Think ahead. You might get the munchies, so why not make a big bowl of popcorn and melt some hot cannabutter over it?
If you are planning to bake with it, cookies work well. Buttercream icing is also delicious! Sound good? Just mix 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla, a splash of milk, and enough butter for the right consistency.
If you’re looking for comfort food, cook up a familiar favorite of mac and cheese using your cannabutter. The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating new and delicious things to make with cannabutter.
What to Cook with Canna Oil
If you made oil, then you can look forward to some of the best brownies ever! If you have never had a pot brownie, you are missing out. Remedy this situation immediately! At the other end of the spectrum, try making your own salad dressing, simply using your canna oil in place of the oil in the recipe. Making ramen noodles? They use very little oil and they are cheap! Sauté some veggies and toss them with a little canna oil and a little garlic salt.
Your cannabis-infused food choices are endless. If you can think it, give it a try. Because you know how to make potent cannabutter and canna oil, you can add them to all kinds of dishes, sweet or savory. Not only that, but you can enjoy some truly nutritious, delicious, and healthy food at the same time as enjoying the effect of your cannabis.
Visit The Spot 420 dispensaries in Pueblo and Trinidad to check out our edibles and get inspiration for making your own. You’ll also be able to buy the perfect strains to get the effects you desire from your cannabis for cooking.