Who’s ready to eat? It seems like we start with Thanksgiving and eat ourselves through to the new year, so why not change things up a bit and add a few THC food recipes to your menu this Turkey Day? If they are a hit, you’ve already practiced for the rest of the holidays. We’ve scoured the edible weed food options and listed a handful of our favorite marijuana-infused recipes for the Thanksgiving holiday 2017…and beyond! Just make sure all your guests are over 21 and your food is clearly labeled.
Let’s start with the main course. Hard to believe you make THC infused turkey? Well you can! Check out this recipe from our friends at Eater and turn this year’s turkey into a cannabis lover’s dream~
- Start by pre-making the cannabutter rub. In a saucepan boil unsalted butter, water, a 1/4-ounce of ground marijuana
- Let it cool overnight in the refrigerator
- Create a marinade with another 1/4-ounce of weed using a few tablespoons of cannabutter, stock, maple syrup, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper
- Prep your turkey by rubbing it down in cannabutter, salt and pepper, and injecting it with marinade for extra thc infused goodness
- Roast and rest based on the specifics of your bird
Leafly has a great recipe for the creamiest of cannabis taters. Make sure you double it if you plan on having a large group as this one is sure to be a stoner crowd pleaser.
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, (cooked, mashed)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cannabutter*
- 1/4 cup regular butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot of lightly salted water & bring to a boil
- Cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes, drain, and mash
- While potatoes are still warm,l combine potatoes, cannabutter, milk, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and pepper. Sprinkle fresh rosemary on top. Serve and enjoy!
Remember, if you have your own favorite recipe for Turkey Day mashed potatoes, you can create them like normal and add cannabutter just like in the directions above.
The Stoner’s Stuffing
Here’s a THC food recipe nobody can ignore, the best Stoner Stuffing around!
- 5 cups rye bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove of garlic (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cannabutter, melted
- 1/2 cup Cannabis bud
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Stuff into turkey prior to cooking
- Cannabis-Infused Cranberry Sauce
One of the most controversial sides on the table can be one to remember with this recipe from Merry Jane.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice or water
- ¼ cup Agave or sugar
- 1 tbsp Cannabutter
- Mix the ingredients together in a saucepan
- Heat on medium and cover until cranberries start to pop
- Once most of the cranberries have popped, remove the lid and simmer for an additional 30 minutes stirring occasionally
- Once you are happy with the consistency, mix in the cannabutter
- Add more sugar or juice to taste
Pot Pumpkin Pie
Everyone’s favorite Thanksgiving dessert can easily be turned into a weed infusion treat for all with a little help from MassRoots and this delicious cannabis recipe.
- 1/4 cup cannabutter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (16-ounce) canned pumpkin
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cannabis butter over low heat
- Combine the milk, eggs, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, brown sugar, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly
- Stir the cannabis butter into the pie mixture until well combined
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the pie crust and bake for 50 minutes. The pie is ready when the filling has settled (give it a little shake)
- Once done baking, allow pie to cool for 30 minutes before cutting
Since the cannabutter is the undercover star of most of these THC-infused recipes, make sure you do it right! Check out our post on how to make a great (and potent) cannabutter. How to Make Potent Cannabutter from the Spot.
Cheers to THC food recipes for the Thanksgiving Holiday
Cooking with cannabis oil recipes means you can turn any meal into a marijuana food party! Whether you want to try a cannabis infused food spread this holiday season, or start simple with a side or two, the Spot 420 has all the products you need to get cooking these THC food recipes.
Stop by either one of our Southern Colorado dispensary locations to prepare for your meal. Finally, remember the tryptophan in turkey is already going to make you sleepy. After all your back-breaking work and creativity, make sure you schedule yourself a post-feast nap because after all that cooking with cannabis, you definitely deserve it! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Don’t forget to share your Thanksgiving THC food recipes with us on social!